The following is a Whistleblower Policy for the protection of all employees at People’s City Mission (hereafter called PCM).
1. If any employee reasonably believes that some policy, practice, or activity of PCM is in violation of law, that employee may file a written complaint with the Executive Director.
2. It is the intent of PCM to adhere to all laws and regulations that apply to the organization, and the underlying purpose of this Policy is to support the organization’s goal of legal compliance. The support of all employees is necessary to achieve compliance with various laws and regulations.
3. An employee is protected from retaliation only if the employee brings the alleged unlawful activity, policy, or practice to the attention of the Executive Director and provides him or her with a reasonable opportunity to investigate and correct the alleged unlawful activity. The protection
described is only available to employees that comply with this requirement.
4. PCM will not retaliate against an employee who, in good faith, has made a protest or raised a complaint against some proactive of our organization, or of another individual or entity with whom PCM had a business relationship, on the basis of a reasonable belief that the practice is in violation of law or a clear mandate of public policy.
5. PCM will not retaliate against an employee who discloses or threatens to disclose to a public body any activity policy, or practice of PCM that the employee reasonably believes is in violation of a law, or a rule, or regulation mandated pursuant to law or is in violation of a clear mandate of public policy provided that the employee has brought the issue to the attention of the Executive Director, and such person has failed to correct it.
This policy is intended to encourage and enable employees to raise serious concerns within the organization prior to seeking resolution outside the organization.