News / Media
Latest News / Media:
On May 5, supervisor Ed Romaine, councilman Dan Panico and councilman Kevin LaValle were on hand at the Brookhaven Landfill’s Residential Drop Off to launch the Habitat for Humanity Donation Program. Habitat for Humanity of Long Island has partnered with the town to collect new or slightly used furniture, appliances, kitchen cabinets and building materials from Brookhaven residents.
Officials with Habitat for Humanity of Long Island said they plan to use a $3.75 million donation from the ex-wife of Amazon’s founder to continue expanding programs to further the nonprofit’s mission to build homes for the underserved.
On Long Island, recyclers can also tap Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk's ReStore in Ronkonkoma, one of the group's nonprofit sites that resells a wide range of donated used furniture, building supplies and entire kitchens. Proceeds support Habitat for Humanity's partnership with local families to repair and build affordable homes.
Southold Supervisor Scott Russell plans to reach out to Suffolk County to request the transfer of a Cutchogue property for a donation to Habitat for Humanity, as per a resolution approved by the Town Board on Tuesday.
A merger of Habitat for Humanity affiliates in Nassau and Suffolk counties has created an expanded organization focused on adding affordable housing in the region.
The combined organization is now the ninth largest affiliate by population in the national 1,100-affiliate Habitat network.
MORE MEDIA ARTICLES
- Town’s Partnership To Really Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle With Habitat’s ReStore - 27 East
- On Our Island: Nonprofit highlights of the week - LIBN
- New Residential Reuse Program Helps Build Affordable Housing - Patch
- New Residential Reuse Program Helps Build Affordable Housing - MSN
- No. 600: On Milestones, Heartfelt Habitats And A New Chemical Bond – Plus, A Tally On Corporate Tax Breaks - Innovate LI
- LI Family Begins Construction On New Habitat For Humanity Home - Patch
- Habitat for Humanity wraps up women’s build at CI home - LIBN
- Habitat For Humanity of Suffolk Makes Homeowning Dreams A Reality - Long Island Press
- Habitat For Humanity Starts Work On New Home On Long Island – CBS New York
- NYC students spend February break building house for Long Island family - ABC 7
- New Solar Energy System Donated To Disabled Man In Need - MSN
- New Solar Energy System Donated To Disabled Man In Need - Patch
- Habitat for Humanity starts East Patchogue renovation project - LI Times
- Habitat for Humanity to build its first house in East Hampton - Newsday
- Ribbon Cut on Home for First Responders - East Hampton Press/Southampton Press/Residence
- Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk Awards New Home to Springs Fire Department Volunteers - Dan's Papers
- Springs volunteer first responders getting a new home from Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk - News12
- Springs First Responders to Get Habitat House - East Hampton Star
- Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk Awards New Home to Springs Fire Department Volunteers - The Independent
- Habitat for Humanity Heads for the Hamptons - LIBN
- Habitat For Humanity Home To Be Built For Springs First Responders - 27 East
- Home to Rise for First Responders - Southampton Press
- Habitat for Humanity of Suffolk Makes Vital Donation Amid New Challenges - Dan's Papers
- Habitat for Humanity Donates Needed Supplies to Stony Brook University - OnTown Media
- Habitat for Humanity Donates Equipment - Yahoo
- How a gift changed 4 lives, with one still struggling to survive - Newsday
- United Way Community Partner Grant – LIBN
- ReStore - LI Times
- United Way Community Partner Grant – LI Times
- Habitat Suffolk Build Volunteers – Patch