PATH TO HOMEOWNERSHIP
At this time housing applications are not available. Please check back soon.
We believe that EVERY person deserves a safe, decent and affordable place to live.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must meet our three principal criteria listed below:
the need for housing
Applicants must not already own a home and currently have a housing need such as:
- Your rent is not affordable (a.k.a. - You're currently paying more than 30% of your income toward housing.)
- You are living in poorly made, unhealthy or inadequate housing.
- Living in housing that is overcrowded or inaccessible for your disabilities.
the ability to pay
Applicants must have:
- Total household income within HUD income guidelines according to family size.
- Two years history of steady income.
- Credit without liens, judgments, foreclosures or recent bankruptcies.
- Ability to qualify for an affordable mortgage with a licensed lending institution.
the willingness to partner
Applicants must demonstrate the willingness to complete all 300 hours of "Sweat Equity" and partnership requirements before being able to purchase the house once finished, including:
- Contribute 210 hours helping to build their future home and homes for others in the program.
- Complete financial preparation and education; First Time Home Buyer Counseling and Home Maintenance Training.
- Pay It Forward by giving 42 hours of volunteering and community service.